Thursday, May 19, 2011

Ego Trip - (Korea) Day 171

95 Subway sandwiches our protocol office brought to the secret conference room.
This is the area we waited for over an hour until they decided to take a break for lunch.

Work call this morning was at 0730. There was a big meeting all day from 0900 to 1600 in the secret conference room. We setup for it and our sister office "protocol" brought in extra coffee for everyone. The whole ordeal was a mess. The seating chart was made and we setup accordingly, but assistants started coming down and complaining about their officer's seats and such. They were all acting like little kids not wanting to sit next to certain people or they were too far back or too far to the side. Give me a freakin' break! All this crap should have been taken care of before the final seating chart was made. Now there was a bunch of switching and maneuvering up until the last second before the meeting. It was pretty stupid!

After a couple hours I guess CPT Hooah! got a call with people complaining that they didn't have water available for the people that didn't drink coffee. All of a sudden it was an emergency on our part to fill a number of water crafts and rush them down to a side table. (All of this kind of stuff is supposed to be scheduled with the protocol office before hand. They supply bottled water etc. for these situations).

We were then told to come down at 1100 to be ready so when they break for lunch we could go in and remove all the coffee crafts and cups. We were also to help protocol setup subway sandwiches for all of them. We ended up sitting in the hall for over an hour waiting for them to go to lunch. This caused me to miss the last half of the Bulls/Heat game! Even worse our sergeant ordered us all lunch from the navy club and it arrived at 1130 while we were still down there waiting…and waiting…our lunch getting colder and colder.

Finally the door opened and we setup, then left. I was able to eat my cold lunch and watch the highlights from the game….grrrr. I stayed and watched TV for a while, then did some office work and updated the events calendar. I took SPC Mick with me to TMP our office car. We were going to wash it as well because it was pretty dirty, but the wash was closed and the alternate wash had 3 buses waiting to use it.

When we got back we cleaned up the conference room from that big meeting. There were two big garbage bags full of crap to haul up to the dumpster. Once that was done we cleaned up our office and then took off. The rest of the night was pretty normal for a week night…eat, schoolwork, and watch a couple TV shows.

Mick's Mom

What happened to "AN ARMY OF ONE!!!"    Wouldn't you hate to go into battle with these guys!!!!   They all sound like spoiled school children....don't touch me! don't touch me!     SAD!! SAD !  SAD!

Thursday, May 19, 2011 - 10:56 PM


The funny thing is that these were mostly generals and some colonels. The seating chart is very sensitive to many and the SACOs in our office that have to create them deal with crap all the time. What should be a simple task for each meeting turns into a big event. This time it just seemed a little out of control because there were so many generals and other high ranking officers. Everyone thinks they're more important than they really are.

Friday, May 20, 2011 - 11:07 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment