Monday, May 23, 2011

Clean Up - (Korea) Day 175

Special K and our office car at the car wash. The normal car wash is under construction,
so we had to use the bus car Notice the elevated platform on the other side
of the car so people can wash the tops of the buses!

Work call this morning was at 0700. We had to setup for an early meeting in the top secret conference room. After that we started preparing for another morning meeting in the secret conference room. It ended up being a pretty busy morning trying to clean up the top secret conference room and then setup the secret conference room afterwards because of the close time proximity between them.
After that I had some time to work on some SkillPorts, but did not have enough time to do the required 10 yet. I think I was able to finish 5 though. We then headed down and cleaned up the secret conference room and set it up for a meeting that was coming up. Special K and I stayed behind and had our KATUSA and SPC Mick head off to the DFAC. Special K and I picked up a sandwich at the Sweet & Treat and ate them quickly up in the our conference control room. We had to get down to the secret conference room and I had to assume my door stop position while Special K prepared to call Stand-by for the commander. SPC Mick ended coming back before the meeting started and relieved me of my duties so I could go finish my lunch.

Once I finished eating Special K and I headed out to pick up some wine and a birthday card for a ROK master sergeant in our sister office. We also took the office car to get it washed since it was pretty dirty. Once we got back I tried to wrap up all the technical issues that I've been working on. The big one of course was the "security breach" on Friday. It's turning out to be a pain in the butt. The entire incident was all on stand-alone machines that are not connected to the network so it shouldn't be a big deal. There is talk of an investigation and on and on. The hard drives are locked up in our secure safe, so the machines are not working at the moment. Luckily we had no meetings in our conference room that required them, but we have some planned tomorrow. I have to try and get this fixed. Our IMO made some calls and I believe the talk of investigations and such will not happen. There will just be an incident report that I sent the information for today. We were told that it would probably be faster to just get new hard drives and put them in the machines. I'm going to see what I can find tomorrow…one thing is for sure, this is a big mess that needs a lot of clean up!

After work I changed and did a little shopping. SPC Roy met up with me and wanted to chat a bit. He finally passed his PT test and is super happy. He's been doing a lot more PT since leaving our office and he has also taken his diet seriously as well. We may be heading out on a road trip again this weekend, but if not we'll at least do a little celebrating.

I then went back to my room and worked on my schoolwork. This marks the end of week 3 of my 5 week class. I watched a show and now I'm going to sleep. The show I watched was Survivor. I was a bit behind, but I'm so addicted to that show. I was happy to see "Boston Rob" win finally. He cracks me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment