Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Moving Day - (Korea) Day 324

The army major in our office gave me this coin and said "Here you deserve it".
The ROK 4-star general is leaving and I think they are trying to unload his coins by 
giving them to different officers in our building to give to their soldiers. Still it's pretty
cool to have a 4-star ROK coin to add to my collection.

Work call this morning was at 0830. First time in a while it seems that we've come in at the normal time. I setup for our normal Wednesday meeting in the secret conference room and then ran the two computers. I was going to have PV2 Charlie do the entire thing, but he's on a Korean cultural tour today and tomorrow. The meeting ran without incident and I cleaned up afterward.

I then headed to our conference room and made sure the system was up and running for a meeting. I stayed there in case they needed me for anything, but they only had one slide up for the entire meeting. I relaxed and watched some college football.

I headed to my room for lunch and video chatted with my wife. Once back to the office I had to swap the army major's desk with what used to be the air force major's desk. The army major is going to leave in a few months and a new deputy will be taking over so he wanted to move out of the way. The process actually took quite a while. I had to move all the crap from one desk to another, but clean everything as I was going. Once I had everything all setup I then had to go through the incoming deputy's drawers and clean them out as well so there wasn't a bunch of crap in there waiting for him.

I had to drive across post and find J8 to pick up a coin for an award that was going out. It was an emergency that had to be done right away. I'd never been to this place before, but armed with a map and a building number, me and our KATUSA were able to find it.

By the time we got back it was time to clean up and leave. I headed directly to my room and changed, then headed to the gym trying to beat the rush. It was still only slightly better than yesterday. Working out on weekdays is really going to be a hassle unless I get off work early.

Back in my room I ate dinner and watched CSI: New York. SPC Roy came by to visit and vent a little. He's in limbo right now trying to re-class, but is running into all kinds of problems. Once he left I did schoolwork and then went to bed…another day closer to seeing my wife.

the wife

another day closer. <3 :) ing.

Thursday, October 20, 2011 - 01:34 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment