Friday, October 28, 2011

Hunger Games - (Korea) Day 333

Work call this morning was at 0830. I slept like a rock last night which was just awesome. My roommate has been on leave starting on Wednesday, so it's been quieter. When I arrived at work I headed up to the conference control room and watched some TV. We setup for a meeting in the secret conference room, then watched TV until it ended…then we cleaned it up.

This was the only event of the morning before lunch…the rest of it consisted of trying to find something to watch on the limited channels we get. For lunch i headed to my room and ate while video chatting with my wife. When I headed to work it was more of the same (watching TV) until about 1400 when I drove our new air force captain to CIF so he could get all his issued gear. I helped him sort through it all and check everything off. I then drove him to his apartment not too far from the post. Once you get out on the streets of Korea things change in a hurry. You go from normal drivers for the most part on the base, then to a hot mess once you're off the base!

We arrived back to the office in time to get a safety brief for the weekend which consisted of all the normal stuff along with the added warning that there are a lot of Koreans that are still not happy with the US and all the trouble that soldiers have been getting into lately. She said that we need to be careful when heading outside of the post. It's too bad really, just a few stupid people can ruin our image.

I headed to my room and ate dinner while watching a CSI: NY. I then did my schoolwork before heading to the gym carefully missing the rush hours there. When I got back to my room I continued reading a book my daughter loved and suggested to me. It's called The Hunger Games. It's about kids in the future where each "district" has to send a boy and a girl to "The Hunger Games" once a year. There are 12 districts and they all end up fighting each other to the death. I recently found out they are making a movie out of it, which I'm now looking forward to seeing. There are some stars in it, but surprisingly one I didn't expect was Lenny Kravitz.

Our old KATUSA stopped by my room to say hi and chat for a bit. He's been on leave and will come back next week to start out-processing from the army now that his time is up. While talking to him I can tell he's going to miss everyone.

I finish out the night watching an Ultimate Fighter. I get to sleep in tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment