Monday, April 18, 2011

Gate Issues - (Korea) Day 140


A photo I snapped on the way back from our road trip on the weekend...
the cherry blossoms are everywhere!

Work call this morning was at 0830. We setup for a meeting and then I started to work on SkillPorts. I was able to finish a few of them before SPC Roy called. He wanted to give me an update on his new job now that he is in another office. Basically all they focus on is PT and weapons qualification. He said his sergeant is pushing him to better himself and his career which he needs.

One of our SACOs came up to the conference room and pointed at me and said he needed me down at the front gate. I followed him down and he gave me a remote and told me to open the gate when a VIP came. The gate has been broken since I've been here and I guess some people came out to fix it the other day. Well I saw the car coming and I pushed the button…nothing happened. I kept walking closer and closer until finally it opened for them when I was almost a couple of feet away from the gate. At this point SPC Lee came walking up and saw what was going on. He proceeded to show me, our sergeant, and Special K a way we could use the remote at a long distance. He proceeded to hold the remote to his temple and then open his mouth as wide as possible. When he pushed the remote he was able to open the gate from about 30 to 40 feet away vs our 5 feet away. Although it looked pretty stupid, it worked! I think the folks are going to come out and work on it some more.

I went to lunch and video chatted with my wife which was awesome. After that it was back to work where I finished some more SkillPorts….in fact I was able to finish the week's worth of SkillPorts so I'm good now! Later on we cleaned up the office and called it a day.

I headed home and watched a show on my laptop. I then did some homework and after fooling around for a bit on the internet realized I had my final exam to do, so I did that as well. Even though it was open book, it was still pretty tough…I got it done though and submitted it. Hopefully I will do decent in the class.


Did that guy have a plate in his head? I have never heard of a remote working better that way!

Thursday, April 21, 2011 - 12:00 PM



Brandon

LOL...we were all laughing at him, but it did work!

Saturday, April 23, 2011 - 10:28 AM
div>

No comments:

Post a Comment