Friday, April 29, 2011

DADT Fail - (Korea) Day 151

This is my weapon. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My weapon is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must
master my life. My weapon, without me, is useless. Without my weapon,
I am useless.

Work call this morning was at 0715. There was a big meeting in the secret conference room that we had to setup for. The meeting was to last from 0830 to 1600. After we setup for it I had to stay behind. We were going to take turns flipping slides for it and I decided to go first to get it out of the way. So I sat in the control room and clicked the arrow button each time a briefer would say "next slide". That was my job for about 3 hours. Fun times. SPC Mick came down at 1100 to relieve me.

I then headed to the office and updated the events calendar and printed out my 5 SkillPort certificates for our sergeant. Then I headed to my room and had lunch. As I was video chatting with my wife, my son texted me. He wanted to chat :) He has a new iPod touch and my wife set him up with Skype. So he loves being able to video chat and this was the first time we've been able to do it other than on a weekend. That was pretty cool.

I headed back to work and did some SkillPorts. We then all headed out for some DADT (Don't Ask Don't Tell) training. We all got in the office car and I drove to the post training center (the movie theatre). There were a number of people there and we all hung out for about 15 minutes until someone finally said the training had been moved to the 1RC building. So Special K grabbed the keys and we all headed to the car as quickly as possible to try and beat the rush. Special K knows all the back roads on post and he also can drive like a Korean (aka crazy). We arrived at 1RC and headed in only to be told that the training was only for E6 and higher. LOL. What a waste of time, I could have been taking a nap or something. When we got back I headed to our conference control room and watched some TV. At about 1630 we headed down to the office and cleaned up and then headed out for the day.

When I got to my room I took a nap. I got a call from SPC Roy asking if I wanted to go out with him and the KATUSAs from his office, but I declined. Not that I don't want to go out, but since they are all Korean I think I would be missing out on a lot of what's said and going on. So I just planned on chilling in my room for the night. On the schedule…watching a bootleg of Battle: Los Angeles that Special K purchased. We had started watching it at one point in the conference room a while back, but never finished. The movie is about aliens invading earth and a group of marines that are trying to rescue some civilians from behind enemy lines. They engage the aliens. After many setbacks they finally kick some butt and end up taking out the alien's control center which is the turning point in the war. A decent mindless action flick. Fun to watch, lots of guns and things blowing up…but it will not win any Oscars.

A copy of "Battle: Los Angeles" that Special K bought...I think it's a bootleg. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment