Thursday, February 20, 2014

Sergeant’s Time Training…No Thanks - (MedBoard: Joint Base Lewis-McChord) Day 258

Headed to morning formation at 0630 in winter PTs. They do all the general announcements as usual and since it’s Thursday, there is sergeant’s time training at 0900. Luckily I have an appointment at 1000, which I of course need to arrive 15 minutes early to…so I will not even be attending the stupid training. I really can’t wait to get out of the army and back into normal life as a civilian doing a civilian job. I did the warm ups with the group for PT, but once we started walking I just walked straight into the building. If anyone stopped me to ask, I was going to let them know I had to take a piss…which i did. I then just headed to my car, it’s cold out and I was in a bad mood already.

Once in my car I ate my breakfast, then pulled up my blanket and slept. At around 0900 I made my way to the SFAC and checked my army email. I then went to the pain clinic and had my acupuncture appointment at 1000. I started off as usual walking back and forth on the hard plastic rocks in my socks for about 10 minutes. I then laid down on my back and the acupuncturist put needles in my forehead, hands, wrists, close to my knees, ankles and feet. Once she turned on the relaxing music, turned off the lights, and left, I pretty much just slept the whole time. It’s always a very relaxing experience, even with all those needles in me!

After the appointment, I drove home and did my schoolwork. I then spent some time looking for jobs online. I’ve been applying to an average of about 1 a day and I’ve heard back from a couple so far. If I don’t find something soon, I’ll probably open my search to a wider area.

No comments:

Post a Comment