Wednesday, February 19, 2014

100% Weigh In - (MedBoard: Joint Base Lewis-McChord) Day 257

I received a text from my squad leader last night for this morning “100% weigh in immediately after 0630 formation, uniform is PTs. 100% ID check conducted by the XO at formation as well”. I’m going to assume that this doesn’t apply to me and sent him a text “MOU Today”, then went back to sleep. The closer I am to getting out, the less I want to play any army games. I got up about 0930 and did my schoolwork, then took a shower and got ready for the day.

I’m still feeling pretty tender in my neck and head areas. I checked all the job boards looking to see what I can apply for. I’m really hoping to find something decent that is local. I really don’t even care if I do computer work anymore, I just want to work for a decent company.

I headed off to Ft. Lewis after I ate some lunch. I went into the SFAC and checked my army email, then went to the pain clinic for my chiropractic appointment. By this time I was in some pretty serious pain, I had taken my pain meds…but still waiting for them to kick in. The chiropractor lubed up his hands and gave my neck and shoulders a quick massage before doing the manipulation. He also worked on my back a bit, then tried to stretch out my neck and shoulders a bit more. By the time I left, I was still in pain…but feeling a little better. This was probably do to both the chiropractor and the pain meds starting to kick in.

I drove home and just relaxed on my couch until my wife got home. We went to the YMCA and we just walked on the indoor track for about 45 minutes. We wanted to do something even if in pain and this seemed the logical choice. I was glad we ended up going and felt like I got something accomplished. We then went to my sister’s house as we do every Wednesday and had dinner. It’s always good to see my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment