Friday, February 7, 2014

Mom’s Birthday - (MedBoard: Joint Base Lewis-McChord) Day 245

Sent a text to my squad leader “MOU Today”, then went back to sleep. You see there wasn’t going to be really anything for me to do with the navy today because my main co-worker stays and does online training at home on Fridays. I had better plans than working anyway today, it’s my mom’s birthday.

I got up around 0900 and started working on my schoolwork for the day. I then headed out and picked up my mom from her office and took her out to lunch for her birthday. I received a text a little after lunch from my squad leader saying I have a self assessment ready. No worries, I check my army email almost everyday and when they are ready I do them. This notice must have come either late yesterday or sometime today. I had planned on doing it on Monday when I head back to Ft. Lewis. About an hour later I get another text from my platoon sergeant stating the same thing. WTF? I have never been late with submitting the required self assessments, I’m not sure why they are up my butt about this. Luckily I have a CAC reader and I can boot my laptop into Windows when needed, so I was able to log in and do the stupid self assessment and get them off my back. While logged in, I checked AKO for my current MedBoard Status and it’s still a little messed up.

Here’s today’s results for my medboard status on my AKO:

0 days remaining
Start Date: 6/26/2013
Goal Finish Date: 4/17/2014
Estimated Finish Date (No Appeal): Unknown
Estimated Finish Date (W/ Appeal): Unknown

My current step in the process is VA Ratings. My actual time waiting for ratings is 154 days. The army average is now 145.01 days. Current days I am over the army average is 7.99

Not sure what is up with the MEB dashboard in AKO, but it’s all off now…not sure if that is a good thing or not. The actual time waiting for ratings has changed, my days remaining at 0…what’s that about? Also the unknowns kind of make me uneasy. Usually when this is messed up, it clears up in a day or two, but it’s been saying this for the last few days. Maybe I’ll email my PEBLO next week if it’s not back to normal and see if anything’s up.

I headed over to Sultan and watched my daughter play her basketball game. I always have fun watching my kids play…win or lose. Tonight’s game was a tough loss after making a great comeback. The only bad thing about watching basketball is that it always really makes me want to go out and play too…and I can’t do that anymore unfortunately. After the game I brought my son back home with me to hang out for the weekend…the girls have a dance they wanted to stay for. I remember how it was when I was their age, so I let it slide.

No comments:

Post a Comment