Tuesday, February 18, 2014

A Bad Night’s Sleep - (MedBoard: Joint Base Lewis-McChord) Day 256

Last night I slept like total crap. I was in quite a bit of pain, but didn’t want to take a muscle relaxer because it was already too late. I didn’t want to be groggy and tired this morning because of it. I tried using ice, but nothing seemed to help. I didn’t sleep much at all, so when I had to get up I was extremely tired and in extreme pain. I took my pain meds and got ready. Morning formation was at Keeler Gym. Once accountability was over, the appointments went to the rear of the formation to have the first sergeant go over each one, everybody else headed into the gym and I just headed straight to my car. If anyone would have said anything I would have told them I was getting my pain medication, but nobody did. Once in my car I drove to the WTB parking lot, ate breakfast, and was able to sleep now that the pain meds were starting to take affect.

After a couple hours I got up and went to the SFAC and checked my army email. I then went to the pain clinic and attended my TMC Sleep and Headache class, ironically I needed help with both today. We went over the acupressure points in our feet and hands from our last class. We then went over the pressure points in our ears. After that the class was over, it only lasted about a half hour which was fine with me. I got a call from JAG stating they received all my medboard paperwork and wanted to schedule a review appointment. I headed to their office and filled out some paperwork and scheduled an appointment for this Friday. My PEBLO told me it’s always a good idea to have them look over everything before signing. I’m OK with my findings, but I’m curious to what they have to say.

On my way home it was just pouring down rain, which made traffic a bit slow. Sometimes I think people forget we are in Washington and how to drive in the rain. When I got home I did my schoolwork and then started searching the job boards. I’m going to really start searching for a job now that I know my time is limited in the army. I’ll take anything to bring in the money, but I really hope I can find a decent place to work.

I spent the rest of the night relaxing, using the heating pad on and off again trying to get myself feeling a little better at least. I’m glad I have my pain meds, but I hate taking them everyday just to feel somewhat normal and live without pain for a bit.

We watched another Netflix DVD that arrived called “Boarding Gate”. I can’t even remember adding some of these movies to my Netflix queue, and this one was no exception. The movie was pretty slow at first and just kept dragging on. Finally about 3/4 of the way through there was an action scene, but that was about it. I wouldn’t really recommend this flick to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment