Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Actual Work - (MedBoard: Joint Base Lewis-McChord) Day 242

Sent a text to my squad leader this morning “MOU Today”, then headed off to the naval shipyard in Bremerton. I started the morning as usual and checked both my army and navy email accounts. I then surfed the web, first checking my MEB/PEB status on AKO and then just surfing and reading the news. All my MedBoard information was messed up on AKO. It was similar yesterday and has been messed up in the past, but usually it is all back to normal again the next day. Today it shows me as having 0 days remaining with unknown as a status for when I’ll get out for both no appeal and appeal dates. Makes me wonder if it’s just messed up, or if they are changing something with my records. I guess time will tell.

I continued to surf the web until lunchtime, when I ate lunch at my desk and continued to surf the web. There was a department meeting in the conference room along with all the other units around the area that video conferenced in. The director gave news that he was leaving, he was offered a promotion and will be taking the job in two weeks. He’ll now be the CIO of another part of the shipyard. We were told who will be acting in his place and what the rest of the year looks like budget wise.

After the meeting, I headed back to my desk and…yes I did some more web surfing. With about an hour left in my shift one of my co-workers called and walked me through the process of server checks. They have daily, weekly, and monthly checks that need to be done on each server. I was told about this before, and shown how to start these checks…but the training was never finished. Now I have the complete training and will start performing the daily checks each day I’m in the office. Not very exciting work, most of it is just reviewing the logs and transcribing any warnings or errors to a database…but at least I have a job to do now instead of just surfing the web all day.

When I left for the day, I headed to the dealership to swap out the loaner car I’m driving and pickup my car. Wow…it drives so much better now! When I arrived home I met up with my wife and we headed to my in-laws for dinner. We hung out there for a while before going home. Once home I had to do schoolwork, since I didn’t have any time during the day to do it. It made for a longer night, but I got it all done and turned in.

No comments:

Post a Comment