Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Getting My Time Back - (MedBoard: Joint Base Lewis-McChord) Day 263

My alarm went off this morning and I almost got up and ready for formation…almost. Instead I reconsidered and went back to sleep. I will always find a way to get back my time that the army stole from me, and the army stole over 4 hours of my time with that stupid staff duty shift yesterday. My squad leader is going to have today off because he did the entire 24 hour shift, he’s the only one that would probably even notice that I’m not there.

I got up and got ready in time to make my 1000 TCM sleep & headache class in the pain clinic at Ft. Lewis. Today’s class covered diet according to TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine). The instructor went over the differences between the average American diet and the TCM diet. The TCM diet recommends having a lot of colors on your plate during each meal (i.e. banana would be yellow, fish would be white, carrots would be orange etc). The suggestion is having at least 5 colors. There was also more in depth discussions about how various foods affect the body and which ones should be avoided. I’m not going to get into too much detail, but if you’re interested you can do a Google search of “TCM Diet”.

After the class I was able to get in and see the chiropractor early. It was now a bit after 1100 and my appointment wasn’t officially until 1345 and that was my last appointment of the day. So I was able to get adjusted and get out of there. I drove home and ate my lunch while driving. Once home I took the final exam for my Business Strategy class. Nice to get that class done and out of the way.

I then spent some time searching for a job. I applied for a few and also updated my resume a bit. When my wife came home, we went to my in-laws for dinner. After dinner we came home and watched a Netflix movie “In Bruges”. I wasn’t expecting much from it, but I was pleasantly surprised. It was set in Bruges, Belgium and the scenery reminded me a lot of our time in Europe. It also featured a midget…which always makes me smile....a little :)

No comments:

Post a Comment