Monday, September 30, 2013

NCM & ACAP - (MedBoard: Joint Base Lewis-McChord) Day 114

This morning I headed into the main building at WTB where we have our formations in front of as I usually do each morning. As I sit inside the news is playing and I dink around on my iPhone until it's actually time to head out to the actual formation. This morning it was pouring down rain, and surprisingly they had some common sense and decided to have the formation inside. I was in ACUs, I have an appointment at 0900, but I would have told them 0830 if anyone asked.

After formation I headed to my car as usual. My morning routines here at the WTB are getting to be pretty boring. I eat my breakfast and listen to music, then take a nap until it's time for my appointment. I head into the SFAC and check my army email, then I headed up to my weekly NCM appointment. I didn't have anything new to tell her and she didn't have anything new for me so the appointment didn't last too long. These weekly NCM appointments are basically so the nurse case manager can look the soldier in the eyes at least once a week.

I headed down to the SFAC again and waited there until 1100 playing around on my iPhone. What did we do before smart phones to pass the time? I had an ACAP follow up appointment with my counselor at 1100. He asked how everything was going and if I needed anything from him. He signed me up for a LinkedIn class and then sent me on my way.

At this point I went home and did schoolwork. When my wife came home we went to the YMCA and worked out. It feels nice to get in the gym again…away from the army.

No comments:

Post a Comment