Thursday, September 19, 2013

Deja Vue - (MedBoard: Joint Base Lewis-McChord) Day 103

I headed to my internship with the navy at 0700. We headed out to the navy base outside of Silverdale once again. We stopped at each of the 4 places we went to yesterday and tried to get everything working. There is a delicate balance that has to be maintained on the navy computer network between security and usability. If security is too tight, then there is no usability. Of course the navy can't loosen up the security too much just to make everything easy to use, that would leave the network open for attack. There delicate balance has to be achieved where security is as tight as possible, but the users can still actually use their systems.

We were able to get three of the four computers working correctly and joined to the navy domain. We had to bring the fourth one back so my coworker could take a look at it back in our office. After this second time out to the naval base outside of Silverdale, I'm starting to get to know my way around.

We didn't get back until 1400, by this time I was starving. I headed out for lunch, but the guys told me to just leave for the day, no use coming back just for a half hour. I headed home and ate lunch, then did my schoolwork. When my wife came home we headed to the YMCA where we both had a great workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment