Friday, September 27, 2013

I've Been Here Before - (MedBoard: Joint Base Lewis-McChord) Day 111

I headed in this morning to my internship with the navy. There was pretty much nothing to do today, so I just sat at my computer and read emails, read the news, checked Twitter for more news. I would much rather be at home hanging out doing nothing, but at least going to work with the navy is only a ten minute drive vs the army which is an hour drive plus a toll on the bridge.

I had lunch in my car and then headed back to the office. I did the same old thing at first (checking email and such), but then decided to do a couple SkillPorts. I figured I might as well get a few hours done with the SkillPort training, I can then add that to my CompTia continuing education credits. That was about it today…I felt like I was back in the army sitting at a computer with nothing to do. I kind of wish the navy would actually train me to do something, but it seems I'll only be helping out a guy swapping out old computers for new computers until this project is done. Then I hear that I'll be working at the navy base outside of Silverdale. Once there the rumor is that I'll actually be learning and working on stuff for real.

No comments:

Post a Comment