Friday, September 6, 2013

They Took My Blood - (MedBoard: Joint Base Lewis-McChord) Day 90

Morning formation is at 0615 at the soldier field house gym for battalion PT…at least that's what I was told. When I arrived at the gym I only saw one other guy from my platoon there. It looked like an entire company was using the gym to take a PT test. As we stood there and realized nobody else seemed to be showing up, we head outside and see the battalion starting to form up across the parking lot in the tennis court…in the rain.

We both head over there and stand in the rain for a good 20 minutes until the battalion commander decides to come out and say "It's raining, let's not delay this…we'll head inside". By this point I'm already pissed because we were told the gym in the first place and we've now been standing in the rain for 20 minutes. I just head to my car and take off, I head to the hospital and then take a nap in the parking lot…I always make sure to get my time back that the army wastes.

I slept until 0830, then headed to the lab in the hospital and take a number. Shortly after I get called back and they draw some blood, then tell me I'm good to go. I head home and do schoolwork…today I took the final exam for my human resources class. The final exam requires a proxy, but interestingly enough they allow what is called a remote proxy. I had to download some software and then I was able to use their "remote proxy" via my webcam. Once I finished the final it was time to start the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment