Friday, June 14, 2013

Meet the Commander - (MedBoard: Joint Base Lewis-McChord) Day 6

Went to the morning formation and then headed back to the hotel room and had breakfast with my family. I then met with my squad leader in his office at 0900. He signed off on some of my in-processing paperwork. We chatted for a bit and I decided to cut him some slack. He is so overwhelmed with stuff to do, and I was able to see it in the short amount of time I was at his desk. He is dealing constantly with new soldiers arriving among a lot of other things. He gave me another packet filled with some mandatory online training I need to finish. I was able to get in-processed with S-4 and the training office while I was there, so my "days 1-5 checklist" of in-processing is looking much better.

We had the commander's newcomer brief at 1000. He had a few people come in and give their information, then he had us take a short test. The questions were based on our soldier handbook that we were given when we first arrived. Once we finished that he basically stated his expectations and let us know how important it is to make our appointments while at WTB. Our mission while we are here is to rest, heal, and get better. If we miss 3 appointments it can be a UCMJ offense and we can get into some serious trouble.

I then went back to my hotel room and had lunch with my wife and son. We then left to check out some houses my wife has been investigating online for us to rent. We had appointments for a couple and we just drove by a few more. I let me squad leader know I would not be at evening formation because of this. We then headed to my wife's parents where we had a BBQ and stayed for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment