Thursday, June 20, 2013

Getting Taped - (MedBoard: Joint Base Lewis-McChord) Day 12

I arrived to PT this morning only to find out all the new folks had to get their height and weight measured. So no PT for me...I then find out I'm actually 2 pounds over the maximum amount I'm allowed according to army regulations for my age and height. When this happens, you have to get taped to measure your body fat percentage. This involves taking a measurement of your neck and belly. I was well under the limit, so I was good to go. I've never had to get taped before, I guess I just had too much schnitzel, beer, and ice cream while in Germany. I think it also didn't help that I haven't done PT consistently for a long while now. I'm starting to wonder if I ever will until I actually get out of the army.
For some reason this was another high pain day, my head was just killing me all day long. The new pain medication (Tramadol) which I had hoped would be a silver bullet is turning out to be just your normal average bullet. It does help, but it takes a long time to start working and it doesn't last long enough.

I headed to my car and relaxed, taking a nap for a while and listening to music. I then headed to the SFAC and finished my in-processing with them. After I finished I used their computers for a while. I take more of my pain killer and I finally start feeling the affects, but as I mentioned earlier it is not strong enough and doesn't last long enough...or I guess my pain just outlasts it.

I then hang out more in my car, take another nap, listen to the radio and play games until 1600 end of day formation.

No comments:

Post a Comment