Thursday, June 13, 2013

Finance & In-Processing - (MedBoard: Joint Base Lewis-McChord) Day 5

I went to PT in my ACUs this morning. Since I was unable to contact finance at Waller Hall yesterday, I had to make sure I headed down there first thing this morning. When I arrived at the front desk, I told the guy my problem about missing the 2nd part of the finance brief and he said "no problem, just come back to that same room at 1030, I'm going to give that brief today". So I headed back to my hotel room and hung out with my wife and son for a while.
I headed back to Waller Hall and I was able to attend the 2nd portion of the finance brief. It was a similar situation as the first finance brief, I just joined a room that was already full of people going through brief after brief for their in-processing. It's amazing to think about how many people get processed through this building every month. The brief had us fill out more paperwork as we followed along with the speaker. Once finished we turned it in and he looked it over…then we were dismissed.

I felt a lot better now that I got that out of the way. Now I will get almost an extra $1,300 in my paycheck for housing allowance. I had lunch with my family, then called my squad leader to ask some questions. He was busy at the moment, but said he would call me back…he never did. I was a little upset and was thinking if he doesn't care, then I sure as hell don't care. I ended up getting a couple more signatures for my in-processing done (the mailroom & tri-care).

No comments:

Post a Comment