Sunday, August 21, 2011

Exercise Pause - (Korea) Day 265

The exercise officially paused yesterday at around 1500 or 1600 and will resume on Tuesday morning.

This morning was so nice, I got to sleep in until about 0800. Today was my lone day off during the exercise and I had plans to just relax for a while and then head to the gym at some point. I started my laundry and then received a call from Special K telling me that I have to work today at 1100 to help setup for a meeting. WTF? I got a little pissed, but within minutes I received another call. It was Special K again telling me that now I'm just on "Stand By" for the meeting. This isn't much better, because now I have to be ready to go into work if needed, I can't do much of anything except wait in my room. Then only a few minutes later Special K gives me a call back and says that I don't have to come in. I think they are all smoking crack at the office!

I then video chatted with my wife for a while trying to catch up on everything. We've been able to write emails back and forth, but except for a quick chat on my birthday we haven't been able to video chat at all during this exercise. I'm looking forward to it ending, it's only been a week…but it feels like it's been a month. As I was wrapping up my video chat with my wife I was planning to head to The Point and workout…then my phone rang. I didn't recognize the number and I shouldn't have answered it. It was CPT Hooah! and he told me to get to the office as soon as possible. FML!!! I was pissed…my office is all screwed up! I quickly shaved and threw on my uniform and headed to the office. So much for having a day off.

There was a big meeting in the secret conference room with I think every general on the peninsula. I helped Special K and SPC Mick set it up and then waited for it to start. Our colonel then asked me to take a look at his computer because it wasn't working now that he brought it back to the office. Since it had been associated with the CP Tango network it wasn't working on our own network now. Long story short there was nothing I could do to fix it and had to put in a help desk ticket, but of course since it's Sunday only the operator was working. So it will probably have to wait until tomorrow to get fixed. I left after that, my work day was only about two hours, but it still sucks having to get ready and go in on my only day off.

Once back to my room I changed and then had a great workout…perhaps all the frustration I had built up. I headed back to my room and then watched a TV show and then did another SkillPort. My roommate asked if I wanted to go to dinner, so we headed off post to a Korean BBQ and had some beef and leaf. It was tasty as usual…love that stuff! I finished the night off as usual…more TV shows and SkillPorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment