Thursday, August 25, 2011

9th Day of Exercise - (Korea) Day 269


A photo I snapped at The Point. This is just the line of treadmills (all with individual
TVs). Compared to the 4 that Trent Gym has, this place always has an open one.
Around the corner are a number of stationary bikes & weight machines.

Work call this morning was at 0430 as usual. We had the same old routine (pickup the augmentees, stage vehicles, and leave to CP Tango). After setting up the first meeting I was able to settle in and do all my schoolwork. I don't care for the exercise that much, but I do like that I have had time to do my schoolwork. The exercise itself isn't too bad except for getting up so early. We also have to have our gas mask in it's case strapped to the side of our leg at all times. This makes sitting in an office chair a little awkward. It also adds an inconvenience when going to the bathroom.

We cleaned up the morning meeting and then I read a newspaper for a while. Our NCOIC got all excited all of a sudden, then announced that she got promoted. She knew she was eligible and had been checking online daily to see if it happened…today she found out. It will be official on the 1st of September. She will be an E-7 (Sergeant First Class)!

The second shift arrived only a few minutes late and I took off to get the car ready. For some reason it took them forever to come out, but I didn't really mind. I was tired and quickly fell asleep with the air conditioning blowing and the radio on. We ended up leaving about an hour late and for reasons unknown our KATUSA had to stay and work with the second shift. When I inquired about it the subject was changed, so I didn't ask again. I'll have to ask him tomorrow morning.

After returning the augmentees to tent city, I headed to my room and changed into my workout clothes. I have to get some cardio in. I headed off to The Point and started running on the treadmill. I would love to say it was an awesome workout, but the truth is that it was one of those times when I struggled just to keep jogging. I never reached anything faster than a quick jog and even had to slow to a fast walk at one point. I had no stamina and my knees were hurting. I did get a sweat going, but it was a pretty dissatisfying workout. Better than nothing I guess, hopefully I'll feel better next time.

When I got back to my room I showered and then settled in for my nightly routine of TV shows and SkillPorts. One more day of the exercise left and then we get a 3 day weekend! I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment