Monday, August 22, 2011

Exercise Pause Day 2 - (Korea) Day 266


A photo I snapped on the way to The Point. On post delivers in funny little cars...LOL

Work call this morning was at 1000. This left plenty of time to sleep in and then video chat with my wife for a while before heading into work. Today was supposed to be a day off, but someone scheduled a meeting in our conference room, so the 1st shift was assigned to take care of it. I headed in a little early to get my colonel's laptop fixed for good. I had to run it over to the help desk and they were able to do the quick fix. I knew how to fix it, but just didn't have the credentials to do so. They fixed that as well, so I should be able to take care of issues easier in the future.

The meeting was an easy setup, just name tags and turning the system on for the conference room. Our KATUSA volunteered to flip slides, so I went on my computer and did SkillPorts for the entire meeting. It is Monday so I checked my current promotion points:

Military Education - 260 Maximum Points

Correspondence Course (Hours 976) (Points 195)

So I've almost hit the 1000 hour mark and I'm only 65 points away from maxing it out. It has been my mission to do this before I leave Korea and I don't think I'll have a problem doing so. In fact it inspired me to get some extra ones done today. After the meeting we grabbed everything we needed to take back out to CP Tango for the rest of the exercise this week. We then shut down the system and locked up the conference room. We got everything packed and the second shift for CP Tango arrived ready to head out. Luckily we didn't have to go out again like last Monday, this time the 2nd shift headed out and got everything setup for the week.

I headed back to my room, ate lunch and did some more SkillPorts, then watched a TV show. I then headed to The Point and had a pretty good cardio workout. Improving my PT score will also give me more promotion points, so I'm trying to make sure I'm in decent shape before my next test. After the work out the rest of the night alternated between reading a book, watching TV shows and doing more SkillPorts. I should be able to make a pretty good dent in the remaining 65 points this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment