Friday, August 19, 2011

5th Day of Exercise - (Korea) Day 263

Work call today was at 0430. The morning started off with the same ol' routine (pickup augmentees and head off to CP Tango once everyone is ready). Once there I got settled in and checked my email. Before too long my NCOIC came to me and asked me to take care of a semi-secret issue. I won't go into details, but i had to drive back to Yongsan and then back to CP Tango. I didn't mind because it passed the time and I listened to the radio. Speaking of the radio…here in Korea if you're an English speaking person you have a couple of choices. The main station is AFN "The Eagle" which serves the US service members stationed in Korea. Since it is only one station and it tries to satisfy the needs of a wide variety of tastes, they end up playing all kinds of different styles of music. One minute you will here a current pop tune, then the next song will be an 80's hit, then a country song.

Once back in the office I did all my schoolwork and then basically read the news for the rest of the day. We setup a meeting, then clean it up when it was finished. It was basically an uneventful day, but you can tell that the early mornings are starting to affect people. As I was reading the newspaper our SACO looked at me and pointed at our KATUSA while giving me "the look". I looked over and saw our KATUSA sound asleep in his chair. I slapped him and told him to wake up. There were times when I was reading the paper that I wanted to fall asleep, but our office is so small it's not a good idea. Near the end of the shift one of the ROK soldiers was asleep in his chair, then during the drive home my NCOIC and our SACO both fell asleep almost instantly for the entire trip. When I got back to my room after dropping off the augmentees at tent city, I video chatted with my wife for a while. I then watched a TV show and fell asleep in my chair halfway through it.

We also found out today that we have to work tomorrow as well. It's been a long week!

No comments:

Post a Comment