Sunday, June 12, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up - (Korea) Days 194 & 195


Our individual pies at Tartine in Itaewon...mmm mmm good!

Saturday: I woke up with a hangover at about 0930. I guess I shouldn't have mixed the makkoli and the beer. Or more likely I should have drank a lot more water throughout the night! Anyway I did my normal Saturday morning thing which is laundry and a long video chat with my wife which is always nice. I then did schoolwork and took a nap.

I woke up feeling better and was invited to go to the movies with our air force master sergeant and Ms. Q. We went to the theatre on post and watched X-Men: First Class. It was a pretty cool movie and both of them were as big of fans as I was, so it was a lot of fun. The movie shows where a lot of the story lines start and it was cool to see how they tied everything together. Also I learned that it was the mutants who were responsible for the Cuban missile crises!

We then went out to Itaewon and ate at a Chinese restaurant called "Panda King". The food was good and the place wasn't too expensive. We each ordered an item and then shared our plates. After that we had dessert at a place called Tartine which specializes in individual pies…I had mine with ice cream of course. After that we called it a night and headed back.

Sunday: I woke up at 0800 and video chatted with my wife for a bit before heading out. I stopped by and picked up Starbucks for me and PFC Pickle and headed over to his room to watch UFC 131. This has sort of become a tradition now anytime there is a UFC on. As usual it was a pretty good UFC. We headed to the food court after it was over and had lunch. I then had to get my haircut as it was getting a little long. I had promised PFC Pickle that I would watch X-Men with him, so we headed to the theatre and I watched it for the second time this weekend…lol. It was still good the second time around. We then went to the food court for dinner and parted ways. I did some schoolwork and then watched some TV shows before calling it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment