Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Bright Lights - (Korea) Day 205


A photo I actually took during the Sand Festival, but I wanted to show something you see a lot
in Korea. I'm not sure quite why yet, but there are many folks here that wear masks on their
faces. Some are simple surgical type masks and some can get pretty complex.

Work call this morning was at 0830. We setup for our normal Wednesday meeting in the secret conference room. I flipped slides as usual. The meeting went a little faster than usual and I got out of there about 20 minutes early. I headed up to the office, Special K and I took the office car to run a couple errands. I headed to the ACS (Army Community Services) building and picked up my passport that I ordered a few weeks back. I can now be a tourist if I choose. We then finished our errands and got back just in time for lunch. I headed to my room and video chatted with my wife while eating lunch.

When I arrived back to the office I checked my email and then headed out to the optometrist to get my eyes dilated. Unlike the normal optometrist I didn't get those huge sunglasses when I left, so I walked to my barracks with my eyes almost completely shut. I then kept the light off in my room and decided to take a nap. After the nap I ate my dinner and watched some TV shows. I then did a SkillPort. I decided that I want to max out that portion of my promotion points as well. So instead of just doing the 10+ that our sergeant is requiring a week, I'm going to keep doing them all week long and maybe on the weekend as well until I max it out. I want to get them all done so I don't have to worry about that any more.

I then did schoolwork and then watched some more TV shows. I'm hooked on Spartacus and Game of Thrones now. My sergeant let me borrow them and I've been watching them back and forth. They are both pretty good shows!

Overheard Quote: "I'm a virgin!" (Our KATUSA stated this during our sit down with our NCOIC yesterday when asked to tell her about himself. Our NCOIC asked him if he knew what TMI was. We all started laughing. I asked him later why he told her that and he said maybe she'll hook him up with someone…lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment