Thursday, June 23, 2011

Lots of Ballin’ - (Korea) Day 206


A photo I took a while back. Just an example of some of the funny things you see
in Korea...I don't smoke, but if I did...it wouldn't be in a toilet! :)

Work call this morning was at 0730. We had to setup for a KUB in the Eighth Army Headquarters. It is now monsoon season, so it was raining at the time we headed over there. We had to wrap everything up in plastic bags to keep everything dry while walking over there. After we setup I headed back to my computer and worked on SkillPorts until the meeting was over, then we headed back to clean it all up. That was the only meeting scheduled, so we had a pretty laid back day.

At 11:15 we headed over to the gym to play basketball. We played 3 on 3 with me, our sergeant, SPC Mick, our supply KATUSA, our air force master sergeant and Seaman. We played until 1330! I could barely walk after that. My team did win two of the three games though :) After basketball I headed to my room to shower and eat lunch. I was able to video chat with my wife for a bit before heading back to the office. I did a little more SkillPort before all of a sudden we were told we could go. We were able to leave at 1530! Wow!

I headed to my room and took a nap for a while until my roommate came back. When he got back we talked for a bit. He's been on leave for a while so I had to hear all about his vacation and his girl problems. I ate dinner in my room and then my sergeant called and told me and SPC Mick to meet him at The Navy Club. We waited about an hour for him to arrive…lol. He bought us some long island ice teas and then gave SPC Mick some news. He said "I got some good news and some bad news for you, I think you'll be taking over my job as executive assistant when I leave". SPC Mick was a little shocked and all I could do was laugh. The executive assistant is basically the secretary to the colonel in our office. We sat around and chatted for a while. Our sergeant helped the new colonel in-process today. I may meet him tomorrow.

After that I headed back to my room to do some schoolwork and relax. My legs are dead and my body is sore. SPC Mick was surprised how much of a work out 3 on 3 can be. He was walking with a little limp on the way back. I think I'll sleep good tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment