Thursday, January 12, 2012

Workin' from Home - (Germany) Day 17

Woke up this morning at 0700 and readied myself as usual. I was in uniform and ready to go, but I had no idea what was in store for me today. I didn't have any actual appointments, so I just started going through the mandatory online training that was part of my in-processing packet from the company. I already had a completion certificate for the GAT (Global Assessment Tool) Survey, so I just emailed that to my AKO address to print off later. I went through Anti-Terrorism Level 1, SHARP (Sexual Harassment) training, and Accident Avoidance training. Most of these require you to either read or watch videos and then answer a quiz in order to get your certificate of completion. There were two others, but one required a CAC card login and the other I was unable to find.

I then ate lunch with my wife and decided I should call a sergeant in my office to check in. The sergeant gave me a quick safety brief for the 4 day weekend and told me to get out and enjoy it. Woohoo…my entire day of work consisted of a little time in front of my home computer getting through some online training. The funny thing was that I was in uniform the whole time, but never left home.

My wife and I headed to the gym and I went pretty easy on myself. I can't believe how out of shape I'm in. I think I have the rest of the 4 day to try and get back on track a little before I have to start doing PT with the company. We'll see how that goes.

My wife cooked an awesome dinner and we had a little wine with it. We watched a show called The Departed. I was expecting quite a bit more from the movie. Our experience is limited because we're watching it on my little 13" laptop screen (oh how I can't wait until our household goods arrive and I can finally watch things on a big screen TV complete with surround sound). Physical limitations aside, the movie was packed with stars such as Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, Jack Nicholson, Mark Wahlberg and many more but it jumped around quite a bit in the beginning and I never really got into the movie. The story line looked like it had potential too…good guys that have an informant in with the bad guys and bad guys who have a crooked cop with the good guys. I can say it may be worth a Netflix rental, but nothing I would keep in my permanent collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment