Sunday, January 29, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up - (Germany) Days 33 & 34

Saturday: We slept in which is always nice. We slowly got ready for the day, eating breakfast and hanging out for a while together. SPC Whirlwind came with his wife and picked up my wife and I. We headed out to Ikea to do some recon for some furniture. The Ikea store was pretty much the same as the one located back home, except this one had multiple floors. We also went to a store called Poco and finally checked out the Manheim PX before heading back. We need a bed for our spare bedroom and also a desk. Trying to figure out the sleeping arrangements for my 3 kids when they come this summer is turning out to be challenging. We wanted to get a loft bed, but there were none to be found. It was nice getting out and about and not being stuck on the post all day. SPC Whirlwind's wife is a native German, so I was able to practice some micro-conversations in German with her throughout the day.

We came back home and then hung out for a bit before heading to the bowling alley on post to try out the "Cosmic Bowling". SPC Whirlwind and his wife came and joined us. $10 each for as much bowling as you want. We all had fun, but I think I may not be able to move my arm tomorrow!

Sunday: We slept in once again and then took our time getting ready. We headed to the gym and had a pretty poor workout. I'm not sure why, but I had no energy and no motivation. It may have been the pizza and beer I had last night while bowling, or it may be the lack of PT all together for the last week. At least we made it to the gym and got out for a bit, we then headed to the commissary to pick up some groceries before staying in for the rest of the night. Once we get our car, I'm sure our weekends will be a little more entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment