Sunday, January 2, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up (4-Day) - (Korea) Days 30-33

The young hawaiian at the theatre with a
cut-out of the CSM telling us to be good :)

Thursday: The first day of the four day weekend started off with me sleeping in of course. I then had a nice video chat with my wife for a while. I met up with PVT Pickle and the young hawaiian for dinner at the food court and then we headed off to the theatre to see a free movie. The movie of the night was "Hereafter" which none of us had herd of. I checked it out and saw that Clint Eastwood directed it and Matt Damon was the lead actor. That is as far as I read. I figured with those stars it would be a pretty good flick. Turns out the movie was OK, but it was so slow that it ended up hard to get through the whole thing. It took so long to develop and the ending was anti-climatic. So we all left a little disappointed.

We all went to my barracks and hung out. We ended up watching a number of Tosh.O shows that I had on my computer. During this point the young hawaiian said he had to "blow up" my toilet. I said go for it and didn't think much of it at the time…that would come back to haunt me later on.

Friday: I slept in again (of course) and when I woke the first thing I did as usual was go to the bathroom and go pee. When I flushed the toilet it didn't flush…it just started to fill up. Oh Crap!!! (Literally). Luckily it didn't overflow, but I had an issue because of the young hawaiian the night before. I went down the hall to the supply closet and found that they did not have plungers down there. I planned on getting one after I ate and talked to my wife a bit. I brewed some coffee and video chatted with my wife. Now for those of you who don't know coffee is a natural diuretic. All of a sudden the urge to go poop hit me like a freight train. I had to quickly say goodbye to my wife and make my way to the PX to get the plunger and use their bathroom because my toilet was out of order. Once out of the barracks I figured I would start to run to get there quickly and found out real quickly that was a bad idea. I almost had an accident right then and there. I walked as quickly as possible from that point on. I felt like I was in a teenage comedy…you know the guy who has to go to the bathroom and is walking/running to the bathroom while holding his butt with one hand. I wasn't holding my butt at the time, but I thought about it. It felt like my butt was the end of a garden hose when you stick your thumb on the end of it…the pressure was building and I wasn't sure if I was going to make it or not to the PX. As luck would have it, I did make it just in time. I was able to use their bathroom and then purchase a plunger to take back to my room and fix my toilet. Fun times indeed.

Later on in the afternoon I played some basketball with the young hawaiian. We played two on two against a couple of Koreans that were there and beat them. We then played some three on three when a couple others came. We won all the games and got some good exercise at the same time!

We then met up with PVT Pickle and headed out to the theatre once again to watch a double feature of Gulliver's Travels and Little Fockers. Both were comedies and I would say that Little Fockers was the funnier of the two. We all had a good time and on the way back to the barracks I stopped at the store and picked up a little beer. PVT Pickle headed back to his barracks and the young hawaiian and I hung out in the room and had a few drinks. We watched some Tosh.O and then the movie "The Taking of Pelham 123". This was an action film staring John Travolta where he hijacks a subway car. It was pretty good! By the end of the movie it was almost midnight…almost the new year. We went outside and at midnight we could see some fireworks in the distance. A few people came out of the barracks and we all said "Happy New Years" and went back inside. Then I went to bed…lol (I'm getting old)

Saturday (New Year's Day): Another day of sleeping in naturally. Didn't do much at all really, just a normal Saturday…did some laundry, got my haircut. I did take the post shuttle to the commissary only to find out that it was closed. I thought it might be, but I had never taken the post shuttle before so I thought I'd give it a try. Basically the post shuttle is a bus that just makes it's way around the entire base over and over again. You can ride it for free and they arrive at each of the stops about every 20 minutes or so. It's a nice way to get around if you don't have a car or a bike.

Finished out the day video chatting with my family to celebrate the new year with them. It's so weird being a day ahead of everyone in the states. I then watched the movie "Kick Ass". What I thought was a kid's movie turned out to be nothing of the sort. It was pretty awesome though. I really enjoyed it. It's about a kid who doesn't have any special powers, but wants to be a super hero. He ends up getting his butt kicked most of the movie, but it is funny and action packed as some other super heroes end up giving him a hand.

Sunday: Woke up a little sad today realizing that this was the last day of my four day weekend. Not only that, but I have to work full days all week…no more half days. I was able to video chat again with my family, then I watched UFC 125 streaming over the internet. I learned my lesson last time trying to go around post finding a place that was showing it. This time I was able to view the entire thing from the comfort of my barracks via the internet and my laptop. The fights were awesome!!

SPC Short then texted me asking if I wanted to go bowling. I said sure and ended up bringing the young hawaiian with me since he showed up at my room shortly before leaving. We bowled four games and I got better as the night went on. I think it was the "aiming fluid" I was drinking. My scores increased every game. None of us are very good because I beat everyone with scores of 150, 152 & 154. I was pretty consistent though…lol

We were then invited to play poker in SPC Short's barracks with some of his buddies. Using no money…just chips and for fun (and bragging rights). It was fun, I came in second after we were forced to go all in for the last hand (the last two of us were taking too long, so this was a quick way to end the game). The other guy got the better hand and that was the end of the night. A fun day to cap off a nice relaxing four day weekend. Now it's time to rest and get ready for normal days and normal weeks for a while at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment