Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Korean Drivers Ed (Rollovers) - (Korea) Day 57




Here is a copy of one of the training videos we watched in class during a more lighthearted moment.

This morning I attended the company PT for the first time. Formation was at 0600 and it was cold. Even though I had on full winter PT gear by the end of PT my fingers, toes, & face were numb. We marched back up to our barracks and did some sprints back and forth in the parking lot. After each sprint we would do a set of 15-20 push-ups. We then did some runs up and down the small hills leading up to our barracks with stops for some push-ups in-between. After that we marched back to the company headquarters and then dismissed. The PT wasn't hard and as much as I hate to say it, it will probably benefit me in the end when I have to actually do my PT test. I know we will be doing some running which I'm not too terribly fond of. This will force me to get out there and run.
Work call was at 0900 for my Korean driver's training class. Today we watched a number of video clips one right after another. I brought my coffee, but I was still barely able to stay awake. We learned what to do in case of a rollover and we also learned that Korea is the most dangerous country to drive in. I hope I don't have to do that much driving while I'm here…after seeing what it's like out there on the streets I have no desire to drive a car out there.

We were dismissed at lunch time for the rest of the day. I had lunch with SPC Roy and Special K, then came back to my room and video chatted with my wife for a bit. After that I fell asleep. I was so tired, I couldn't keep my eyes open. After a good nap I woke up and was refreshed and ready to go. I did a little school work and then just kicked back and watched a bunch of shows on my laptop.

Ah hahaha I am going to have to use that on my next post.

Friday, January 28, 2011 - 12:18 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment