Sunday, November 13, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up - (Korea) Days 347 - 349


One of the bodies at the Body Worlds exhibit

Most four day weekends I wrap everything up into one entry, but I guess I got a little excited and posted yesterdays before remembering it was the weekend....oh well.

Friday: (Veterans Day) Woke up about 0930 and video chatted with my wife for a while. I then met up with PV2 Charlie and we headed to the war museum right next to post. I've been there multiple times before, but PV2 Charlie wanted to go and said there was a new special exhibit. It was called "Body Worlds" and was pretty interesting. "The Original Exhibition of Real Human Bodies" they use a process called plastination that allows them to show these human bodies as never before. It was pretty cool seeing all the exhibits. After the exhibit we headed outside and happened upon a performance that was going on in the war museum's courtyard, so we stayed and watched it. There was music, then drums, then an ancient army performance and finally a modern army performance with the Korean army, navy, marines and air force all in formations doing some pretty cool movements all in sync with each other.

I then got a call from SPC Roy asking if I could drive his car and park it at The Dragon Hill after he rented another car for a trip he was taking down south. We had lunch and then I headed back to my room. A little while later PV2 Charlie and I headed down to the theatre and watched Tower Heist. It was a pretty funny movie and had Eddie Murphy in it, who I haven't seen in anything but kids movies for a long time.

Another couple of the bodies from Body Worlds

Some of the drummers going to town on the drums during a performance outside the war museum

One of the Korean military formations during the performance outside the war museum

Saturday: I woke up about 0930 and headed to the Shoppette to grab some milk as well as coffee…I was totally out. I then did the usual…laundry and video chatted with my wife. Not a whole lot went on today…a workout at the gym and then I watched a movie in my room called "Ironclad". It's back in the medieval times in England and has some great fight scenes including one where the lead actor takes his sword and slices a guy almost in half from head to mid-section. Not much else going on besides a little schoolwork…just a relaxing day.

Sunday: Woke up about 0900 and thought I would be watching the UFC on FOX via AFN, but I couldn't find it anywhere. I ended up watching one of the preliminary fights on the internet and then finally it came up on AFN, but only for the main event. While I appreciate at least the main event being broadcast on AFN, it really kind of sucks that they didn't show any of the under cards like they usually do.

I then video chatted with my wife before heading to the gym. I did some schoolwork and then started watching numerous TV shows. I gave my comfy chair to PV2 Charlie and I forgot just how uncomfortable the standard chairs are in our rooms. I received the chair from SPC Short who I replaced and I thought it only fitting that it should be passed on to my replacement.

There were a few times as it got later in the night I was watching TV shows and there were loud knocks on my door and others down the hall. I freakin' hate living in the barracks and I can't wait to get out of this place. I just plugged in my headphones and kept watching my shows…there is no way I'm going to answer the door if they don't even have the decency to even say anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment