Sunday, November 6, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up - (Korea) Days 341 & 342

Saturday: Didn't do a whole lot this weekend, the only plans I had were delayed until Wednesday to go see some lantern ceremony. So today I woke up around 0830 and did the usual…laundry and video chat with my wife and kids. I then did schoolwork for a long time. I had quite a bit to do and it took most of the rest of the day.

I did make a trip to Moyer Center and signed up for a couple of trips before I leave Korea. Most of the trips I've signed up for in the past have not been very full, but lately they have been filling up. This time I got there in plenty of time! I then went to the library and read The Army Times. They have it free to read there and I don't want to pay for it. Actually I would probably subscribe if there were an iPad version, but there isn't. The main article was talking about the plan to cut tuition assistance. This would really suck because I'm making use of it. It's free money for school while you are active duty. I am planning to have my 4-year degree before I get out and the planned cuts are going to make that a little more difficult.

I then headed to the gym and kept it to strictly cardio on the bicycle making sure not to aggravate my back. When I finished I headed back to my room and watched some CSI: NY & Miami.

Sunday: Slept in until 0930 and then watched the UFC in my room. They rearranged the channels and I can now get that particular station which is nice…a little late, but nice. I video chatted for a while with my wife and kids again and then did schoolwork again for a while. I headed to the gym working out on my legs and some on my abs. My back is still a little sore, but I'm hoping another nights rest will help with that.

The rest of the night was just watching a CSI and the movie "Takers". A bank robbing move full of double crosses and lots of explosions and guns. Of course it was pretty good.

I experimented a little with moving my website. I currently have it hosted with Apple’s MobileMe which will be going away soon. So at some point in the next 6 months I have to find another hosting service. I’ve checked out something that looks promising, but it will change up the website quite a bit and there is no way to automatically transfer everything over, so it would be a time consuming process....we’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment