Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines Day - (Korea) Day 76


A photo in our office of SPC Roy getting his birthday ice cream
while holding his birthday candle...a tradition instead of cake in our office

Work call this morning was at 0830 which was nice. It's nice to be back on a normal schedule. The general is back in Washington DC this week, so the meetings are going to be less and everything will be a bit mellower. With that said, not a lot went on today. Me and SPC Roy worked on a number of SkillPorts together. We setup for the one scheduled meeting today and left for lunch. Lunch consisted of SPC Roy taking me with him to get a haircut. We swung by Burger King and picked up lunch to go. We then went to his special barber shop which had two cute girls working there. Now I know why he always comes to this out of the way shop. He also brought them lunch as well. I sat down and ate mine while watching some college basketball on TV. After what seemed like an absurd amount of time SPC Roy was finished. He said if that major didn’t come in, it would’ve been longer. They not only cut his hair, they trimmed his nails and gave him a massage. He says he’s been coming here ever since he’s been here, they have him hooked...lol

After lunch we cleaned up the office and I updated the event schedule. It looks like the meetings at Tango will be pretty basic as well. I received an email (I guess since I'm on the IMO list now) stating that there will be a week long training session for CISSP (Certified Information System Security Professional). I hadn't heard of this certification before, but I'd like to check it out. Getting another certification will only help my career both in the army and in the civilian world. I checked with my sergeant and he looked at the dates and said I could go to it. I sent off the paperwork, so we'll see how it goes. Knowing the army I'll get it sent back and find that I have to fill out the form differently or something stupid…we'll see.

Near the end of the day we celebrated SPC Roy's birthday. As always in our office they get a little candle to blow out and some ice cream to eat. He also got a few cards and some sort of Korean alcoholic drink from the ROK army. After that me and the air force master sergeant left work and purchased tickets to see The Eagles in concert. They are coming to Seoul of all places, and there will be a free bus ride to the stadium. That will be a lot of fun.

The night consisted of me video chatting with my wife and then finishing the last day of schoolwork for my current class "Fundamentals of Programming". I'm so glad this class is over. I don't even care what grade I got as long as I passed. I've been in the I.T. field for years, but programming is something I've never been able to do. I understand the concepts, I just can't actually do it. Tomorrow I'll start the new class… "Business Systems". We'll see how that goes, it has to be better than programming.

No comments:

Post a Comment