Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Another Early Start - (Korea) Day 78


A photo I took yesterday of SPC Roy getting an anthrax shot in our
conference room. MedPros took the conference room over for the day
and SPC Roy flashed them his ID...big mistake, they looked him up and 
told him he needed a shot...lol

Work call this morning was at 0500 which was a bit early for my taste. There was a meeting that just popped up on our schedule and we had to prepare for it. After that we took it easy for a bit and our sergeant rolled in about 0730 or so with breakfast for all of us. We each got a combo meal from Burger King…at least the orange juice was healthy. We then setup for the normal Wednesday meeting, but I'm not sure why since it seems half the people were gone. I am the designated slide flipper for this meeting, so I had to stay in the back and flip the slides while not trying to fall asleep. I grabbed a cup of the coffee we serve all the high ranking staff in the meeting...and it really sucks. After the meeting I did a little SkillPort, I think I may have fallen asleep a few times at the desk while trying to get it done. I just didn't get a good night's rest last night or something. I received an email from the folks in charge of the training class I wanted to attend stating that even though I'll be an IMO, I still do not meet the prerequisites for the class. I'm not too worried since I already have a lot on my plate with my Apple re-certification and my business systems class with University of Phoenix.

At lunch I brewed some of my chocolate macadamia nut Kona Coffee which tastes so much better than the crap they serve at work. That gave me enough "pick me up" to last the rest of the day. We had another meeting in our conference room where I was the slide flipper while watching some college basketball. Not too bad of a job…I just have to make sure to pay attention to hear them say "next slide".

The rest of the day consisted of me helping SPC Roy do his taxes and also purchase some penny stocks. We cleaned up the office and took off. I hear tomorrow I'll be putting my new drivers license to work, I'm not looking forward to leaving post and driving with those crazy Korean drivers. At least I'll be driving either a van or a sedan, the young hawaiian told me he'll be driving an LMTV (Light Medium Tactical Vehicle) around. It's basically a mini semi truck! He's not too excited either.

I got back to my room and helped out my roommate with some of his English. He's getting ready to take an English test this weekend so he can attend college in the U.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment