Monday, June 21, 2010

The Real Arrival (AIT - Fort Gordon) Day 3



The Charlie Company Logo

I finally have access to my computer for a few days, so I thought I would give my wife a break and add some updates myself. Until she gets back home and receives some of my previous posts there may be a few days missing
Yesterday I didn't even blog...just relaxed and enjoyed the day with my wife. Today I spent every last minute with her that I could. She dropped me off at my new company. Watching her leave was tough. She was pretty emotional because we will not be seeing each other for who knows how long and also because while she was here with me she found out her grandpa died. After she left me alone with this new company I wonder why the hell did I join the army. I hated leaving her. I was able to video chat with my kids, but I hate not being able to see them in person.

Ft. Gordon is so unorganized. Nobody seems to know what's going on. All the new guys just kind of wander around with lost looks on their faces. We had formation at 16:00 and it's nothing like Ft. Benning. Everyone here is pretty lax. I guess on Sundays they do a shave check at the formation, the sergeant couldn't believe that I shaved this morning. I'll have to remember to shave twice on Sundays...that sucks. 

I unloaded my bags into my locker. I'm still going to have to do some more organizing to get it in order, but all my stuff is out of the bags.

We have orientation tomorrow all day. I know I'll get into the swing of things, but right now I'm lonely and depressed.



Anonymous
 
Hang int here, it will be over soon and you and your sweetie will be reunited. Remember she has lots of family here with hugs so she can make it thru. You did this for a reason and it will all be over and okay soon.

Love you, mom
 
Wednesday, June 30, 2010 - 02:39 AM


ryan13B
 
thank you for this, im going to Fort Benning on may 31. this is a big help. thank you.
 
Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 09:58 AM


Brandon
 
Glad I could help. It's still an adventure every day, although not as crazy as basic training was. An experience that I'll remember for ever.
 
Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 09:34 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment