Monday, June 7, 2010

Pizza! Pizza! Pizza! (Basic Training) Day 61


These entries are from the letters that Brandon has mailed to me. His writing at times can be a bit difficult to determine his words... bare with me, I do my best, especially with army terms.
Last night as I was getting ready to wake up the next shift I noticed a guy trying to walk around the bay in his sleeping bag. I’ve heard about this particular guy doing weird stuff in the middle of the night.  He was actually sleep walking in his sleeping bag! LOL. I asked him what the heck he was doing and he said, “I can’t find my bed”. He finally laid down and I told him he has 10 minutes to get ready. 8 minutes later I checked on him again to make sure he was up… he wasn’t.  When I woke him up he didn’t remember anything that had just happened. 
We slept in until 7:00am, which was nice. Today is basically a recovery and cleaning day. I need the recovery. My legs from top to bottom are sore. Every step I take is awkward and painful. My feet are a mess. I wish I could just lay around all day. I weighed myself this morning and I weighed 180.4! Wow!! I wasn’t too surprised; you should’ve seen the sweat pouring off of me. Pretty crazy! 
Today we started cleaning our equipment, so we can turn it all back in. I hear they do a pretty thorough inspection when we turn it in. We have about a week to get everything clean. This has caused a bit of controversy. There are a number in the platoon that only wanted to rest; the PG wants to get everything done now. So there is a lot complaining and bitching by the guys and some yelling by the PG. I’ve just been cleaning my stuff slowly. 
The rest of the day consisted of cleaning our stuff and really not much else. At about 18:00 we were able to use our phones. Awesome!!! After our phone calls we were able to have pizza. We pre-ordered it a couple of days ago. It was awesome too. The quality was much better than last time and it was even warm. It was also quite a big bigger. I couldn’t let any go to waste so I had to eat the entire thing…so good. I’m stuffed now though. Time to rest up and start a new week.
Random DS Quote: “Martha Stewart or Peggy Bundy?” (During our ruck march two DSs played this game the entire way… one would name two chicks and the other would say which one the would “do”. Martha Stewart was chosen in this example.)

A note from the wife: Thursday, June 10th was when I received this last entry. We’re one week behind with journal entries due to the snail mail pace. I’ve gotten two phone calls from him this past week he’s counting down and looking forward to next week. Family day & Graduation. I should have the all the remaining letters (from June 7–12) by the time I return from Georgia. Brandon’s looking forward to reading the comments and adding a personal entry while I’m there. This has been one long BCT and I can’t wait to see him!


allen
 
Hello,

I'm heading to Ft. Benning for BCT on 20100823, just over two months from now.  Your blog has been very insightful.  Congratulations on your graduation and good luck at AIT.  I can't wait to embrace the suck!
 
Friday, June 18, 2010 - 08:41 PM
 

Brandon
 
Thanks..I just made some updates while I have my laptop and my wife should be catching up with everything in between shortly. I read a number of people's journals before leaving which helped me out. One thing I couldn't find was many journals of people in AIT, so that is my next step.
 
Saturday, June 19, 2010 - 01:17 PM
 

Pvt. Cock
 
Day 4 in AIT...IT SUCKS! i miss BCT :(
 
Tuesday, June 22, 2010 - 08:19 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment