Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Case of the Missing Blanket (AIT - Fort Gordon) Day 11


These entries have been sent via email from Brandon. (Yay!)
I think I'm starting to get a little tired of living with a bunch of other people. People are constantly coming and going in our room. The door is squeaky and very annoying. Sometimes they only come halfway and start yelling down the hall. Sometimes they just open the door and have conversations with people across the room. It's tolerable during normal hours, but after lights out it gets very annoying.

I was woken up at 3:59 for my 4:00 CQ shift. They are supposed to wake the person up a half hour before their shift so they can get ready. I had to jump out of bed and throw on my ACUs. I knew I would have time to shave and get ready afterwards because this shift does not do PT. So I quickly went down stairs and sat for 2 hours at the CQ desk with 3 other people (they have 2 girls and 2 guys doing it). When it was over we headed over for breakfast and then I came back up to my room to find my blanket from my bed missing. WTF?? At first I thought someone stole it, then I realized a sergeant had been going through all the rooms. Now I'm guessing he took it because it wasn't made. I figured it was more important to get to my shift on time. I guess not.

School today was normal, we go through a lot of information. This A+ class is usually an entire quarter at a regular college, but we are going through it in 9 days. For me it's actually just a refresher course, but there are some I feel bad for since they have barely touched a computer in their lives.

The DFAC has been extremely crowded lately. There are a crap load of kids all dressed up in BDUs here for the Civil Air Patrol. They are here for a week. I think they have more military discipline than most of the people here! Their formations are good and their manners in the DFAC are excellent. Not sure exactly what the Civil Air Patrol is, I'll have to check into that.

I'm starting to hate everyone here. Not a good mental state to be in, but everyone just seems to be frustrating me right now. I went down for the 3rd time to try and find a sergeant and each time the place was either crowded or there was no sergeant to be found. I'm giving up tonight, I'll just sleep in my winter PTs. Maybe I'll buy a throw later and just put it in my locker each morning, it would be more comfortable than these stupid green wool blankets anyway. I could also order one online and have it shipped here, that would be funny.

Overheard Quote: "Good Gawd...I think the sergeant just crop dusted me" (PFC Metal in formation after he caught wind of a nasty smell when one of our sergeants walked by)

No comments:

Post a Comment