Friday, June 25, 2010

The Dark Side (AIT - Fort Gordon) Day 7


These entries have been sent via email from Brandon. (Yay!)
Today we had class again. I think the daily schedule will be the same now that I'm in school. We will wake up at 4:00 AM for morning PT, then formation for school is at 7:45AM. School is from about 8:30 to 4:30 with a break for lunch. We then clean up the classroom and the hallways before formation to march back for dinner. After dinner we are free until 21:30 which is lights out. There is also a study hall that we can go to from 18:00 to 20:00. It's not mandatory for the A+ class, but it is for the next two classes.

At the beginning of class PVT Metal gave me some "candy". I popped it in mouth and was in for a surprise...it wasn't candy at all, it was a caffeine pill. It also didn't taste too hot. I quickly grabbed my water and swallowed it all down. I didn't have any problems falling asleep in class today unlike another guy in our class who fell asleep. Not only did he fall asleep, he did it with the hose to his camelbak in his mouth. The teacher stopped the class looked at the guy and said "really!" The guy had to stand up for the rest of class. The classes are long and they go at a fast pace, so you really have to pay attention. There is a lot of homework and quizzes as well that you can do on your own time in the barracks, so it pays to have a laptop (which I decided to purchase while I'm here).

Not much else happened until the evening. PVT Metal was taking a shower which is down the hall and someone stole his towel while he was in the shower. As he was running down the hall naked, a sergeant appeared and yelled at him asking him where his towel was. PVT Metal said it was stolen, but the sergeant didn't care, he just told him he better go back and find one. So PVT Metal had to run back down to the showers and have someone come to our room to get him another towel. LOL pretty funny!

Overheard Quote "Touche my good man" (Our instructor after he explained that the main difference between Windows Vista and Windows 7 was that Windows 7 was made more stable and easier for the end user to operate. To that I said "Yeah....I heard they tried to make it more Mac-like)

No comments:

Post a Comment