Sunday, September 18, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up - (Korea) Days 292 & 293

At The Young Hawaiian's barracks...this sign always cracks me up...all I see is dirt and

Saturday: Since I was feeling sick this weekend I decided to take it pretty easy, so there is not much to tell. I woke up this morning after a great NyQuil induced sleep that lasted until almost 1000. I then did laundry and video chatted with my wife for hours which was nice. I had plans to meet up and work out with PFC Pickle, but because I wasn't feeling too good I decided to just go purchase some orange juice and vitamin water and stay in my room.

The rest of the night was spent hydrating and watching True Blood & Breaking Bad. I did manage to do a SkillPort before heading to bed.

Sunday: Another great NyQuil induced sleep that lasted until around 1000. I did schoolwork for a while and then video chatted with my wife and kids for a few hours. I tell you that it is so awesome to be able to video chat with my kids, but it also breaks my heart at the same time. I hate not being able to be there and be a father to them. My son is playing football for the first time and I will not be able to see any of his games. My oldest daughter is in high school and experiencing everything that goes on with that new stage in her life. It just kills me inside when I talk to them. Don't get me wrong I love talking with them, but it is also a big reminder of how much of their life I'm going to miss because I chose to join the army.

After the video chats, I took a nap for a while in my room and then headed to visit The Young Hawaiian. It had been a while since I'd visited him, so we caught up and also watched the Meyweather boxing match on TV. He finally told me where he got assigned…Fort Riley in Kansas. He's not too excited because he'll be leaving this city that is full of nightlife and be heading to a place that has nothing. He's planning on getting a lot of schoolwork done…lol.

As for my next steps for my assignment to Germany, I am waiting on my wife to get her physical which is this Monday. She will then be able to complete her screening paperwork with the army medical center and send it all to me. Once I have that I will turn it in with the paperwork that I have filled out and wait to get my orders. I can't do much of anything until I get the actual orders in my hand. Hoping for a good nights sleep tonight and also hoping I'm feeling better to start the work week tomorrow.


Sorry you are feeling so bad, emotionally and physically, wish there was something we could do to help. Your kids are doing just fine, but I know that doesn't help. I think you made the right decision, so hang in there. Saw Scott and Bonnie and she said she is so proud of what you are doing. It will be better when you get to Germany and have the kiddos all summer, whoo hoo

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 - 01:00 AM


Thanks mom. I'm looking forward to Germany as well because at least I'll have my wife there with me the entire time and the kiddos in the summer. I can't wait to see everyone before I head over there :)

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 - 10:05 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment