Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Post That Shall Not Be Named - (Korea) Day 282


Walking by The Dragon Hill parking lot...they're getting ready for OktoberFest

Work call this morning was at 0830. We had no meetings scheduled for the entire day, so I headed straight to my office and checked my email and of course my promotion points since it's the first day of the work week.

My current status:

Military Education - 260 Maximum Points

Correspondence Course (Hours 1119) (Points 223)

I'm getting closer. I'm also getting tired of doing SkillPorts, which also motivates me to do more until I finally max out the military education portion of my promotion points. I only have 37 more to go. I should be able to do that in a week or two, I'll have it done by the end of September for sure. I ended up doing SkillPorts all morning until I headed out for my lunch break.

I ate lunch in my room and video chatted with my wife. After lunch I headed over to the MWR center and reserved a spot for a paragliding event on the 24th. I've never done anything like that before and I'm looking forward to giving it a try. The last one I signed up for got cancelled because of bad weather.

When I got back to the office all I really did was more SkillPorts. SPC Mick found out where his next assignment is and he's not too happy. It's strange because he hasn't even hit his 6 month mark yet. He'll be heading off to Fort Leonard Wood. I don't know too much about it other than it is one of the places where people go for basic training. SPC Mick says it's in the middle of nowhere, kind of the opposite of where we are now. Yongsan Garrison is located right in one of the most densely populated cities in the world.

We ended up cleaning up around 1600 and were let go at 1630 so we could go do PT on our own. Our NCOIC has been trying to get us out of the office early to do PT and it finally happened! I went to my room and changed, then headed to The Point and had a pretty good workout.

I headed back to my room and ended up chatting with the young hawaiian for a bit. The events of the day had me wondering if he knew where his next assignment was yet. He said he just found out and wasn't happy. He wouldn't tell me where either because he said he hadn't accepted it mentally yet. He said it's the worst place ever. I guessed every base I could think of and struck out every time. He still wouldn't tell me where it was. Kind of like how "He that shall not be named" is not spoken of because it gives him power…the young hawaiian has "his post that shall not be named". He said he'll tell me later….hmmmmm makes me wonder….

The rest of the night was more "Breaking Bad"


the wife

Tell young hawaiian I wanna know! ;0)

Thursday, September 8, 2011 - 12:48 PM


Mick's Mom

Seoul is the second largest populated city in the world, with Toyko being the first.

Thursday, September 8, 2011 - 12:59 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment