Monday, December 30, 2013

Not Going Anywhere - (MedBoard: Joint Base Lewis-McChord) Day 205

This morning I sent my squad leader a text “MOU Today”, then headed off to the naval shipyard in Bremerton. There was only one gate open and traffic was backed up similar to last Friday, so I just turned around and headed back home. I’m not going to wait in traffic for over an hour just to sit in an empty office and surf the web. It would be different if it were a real job, but it definitely isn’t worth it to just surf the web…or do a SkillPort if I was feeling motivated.

When I arrived back at home I made use of my extra time to do my schoolwork for the day. I then hung out with my son for the rest of the day since he stayed back after his sisters left. I took him to the mall where he could spend his cash and gift cards he received from Christmas gifts. On the way there I received a call from my NCM. She said I had an appointment at the pain clinic on the 2nd at 0900. That was a pretty quick turnaround. I’m hoping the pain clinic can come up with anything that will help me deal with the chronic pain I deal with on a daily basis. Anything would be better than what I’m doing now, which is just dealing with it and using my pain medications sparingly.

My son and I came back home, ate lunch, then I educated him all about the Seattle SuperSonics and the dynamic duo of Shawn Kemp and Gary Payton. There were a number of highlights and even a documentary on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment