Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Half Day - (MedBoard: Joint Base Lewis-McChord) Day 185

This morning I sent a text to my squad leader “MOU Today”, then headed into the sub base outside of Silverdale. This morning my morning routine seemed a bit like it was in slow motion. I checked my army and navy email as usual, but everything I did seemed to take quite a bit of effort. For some reason I just felt extremely tired, it’s like somebody played a joke on me and switched my caffeinated coffee to decaffeinated! After checking email part of my morning ritual is surfing the web. Before I do any random surfing I always check out my AKO page. On my AKO is a link for My MEB/PEB, this link takes me to a dashboard that shows my current status in the medboard process. I check it daily just to see if anything changes, here is what it has as of today:

212 days remaining
Start Date: 6/26/2013
Goal Finish Date: 4/17/2014
Estimated Finish Date (No Appeal): 6/22/2014
Estimated Finish Date (W/ Appeal): 7/10/2014

My current step in the process is VA Ratings. My actual time waiting for ratings is 105 days. The army average is 148.21 days. Current days until I reach the army average is 43.21.

There is more information, but that is the basics. I usually scan to see if anything has changed yet. My PEBLO told me when I submitted my paperwork that the average she has seen from Ft. Lewis is 4 months. Based on that I should be hearing something by the 20th of this month…10 days from now. I know I can’t hold her to that, but it’s just a date I’ve been looking at in my head for a while now.

I continued to surf the web and reading the daily news, but I’m so tired that I actually start getting more and more comfortable in my chair and before I knew it, I was asleep. I don’t think I was out too long, but as I was asleep in the chair my body jerked and I jumped up out of the chair. Of course my legs were completely under the desk, so when I jumped I hit the desk pretty hard which made a huge boom! I looked around and waited for somebody to say something, but luckily my cubical is situated so nobody can really see me. Nobody said anything, but the rush of adrenaline really woke me up…I was able to surf the web and read the news without falling asleep the rest of the day!

I proceeded to work and complete a SkillPort. When lunchtime came I left for the day. I ate lunch while driving to the ferry. I headed to Sultan to watch my son and then later my daughter play in their basketball games. I’m glad right now that I don’t have a normal job, because with my son in middle school, his games start at 1500. Luckily I can just tell the navy folks I have to leave at lunch and then go watch his games. Next year he’ll be in high school and will have the later games when I hopefully have a normal job. Seeing them both play really made my night…but it was a long night. I hung out with my son and younger daughter taking them out to eat while waiting for my oldest daughter’s game to start. After the game I headed home and didn’t arrive until 2220. Worth every minute though! 

No comments:

Post a Comment