Wednesday, December 18, 2013

More SkillPort - (MedBoard: Joint Base Lewis-McChord) Day 193


The wind was blowing so hard today that tree branches actually 
shut down a road on base for a bit

My squad leader is on leave, so I didn’t send a text to anyone this morning. I headed into the naval shipyard in Bremerton and did my usual routine checking my army and navy email, then surfing the web a bit. I then started a SkillPort course. I have my headphones with me, listening to the course instead of just reading everything makes it a little more interesting.

I ate lunch in the office today, then continued working on the SkillPort course until I finished it. I then got a text from my platoon sergeant telling me that I need to complete a required survey. He sent the website and the code to enter. The survey was a combination of multiple choice and then short answers. The survey was mostly about our attitude and what we think about the army in the context of sexual and racial harassment. It took about a half hour to finish, I then sent a text to my platoon sergeant letting him know I had completed it.

I then surfed the web for a while. I found out that I’ll finally be setup with a user account on what they call the “legacy” system here with the navy. I will be taught how to do “server checks” tomorrow…sounds like I may finally be able to do something on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment