Thursday, December 5, 2013

Success! - (MedBoard: Joint Base Lewis-McChord) Day 180

This morning I sent my squad leader a text “MOU Today”, then headed into the naval sub base outside of Silverdale. Yes…you guessed it, I started the day with my normal routine of checking my army and navy email. I then surfed the web for a bit. My co-worker wanted my help driving out to the Bremerton Naval Shipyard and picking up some random items. He used to work out there, but they recently moved him permanently to the naval sub base, so he still had some items to move. The I.T. office has people working at both bases, as you can see in my journal I go back and forth quite a bit.

When we arrived back from our trip to Bremerton, my co-worker received a response from the vendor. It turns out something has affected just these two PCs and we need to uninstall C++ and reinstall it. I imaged one of the PCs, then headed to lunch in my car. During my lunch break I get a text from my squad leader telling me that I have to go to Ft. Lewis when I’m not at my MOU. Well duh! That is why I text him each morning stating I’m at my MOU. I reply letting him know that the navy said they can use me as much as I can give them and that I haven’t had any appointments, so I’ve been working with the navy everyday.

When I got back from lunch, I started back on the newly imaged PC. After installing all the updates and preparing all the settings for security purposes, I uninstalled C++ and installed again with our new installer. To both of our surprise the image actually works! I quickly make a new image from this working model and we load this new working image onto the other machine. I prepared both machines to move back to the naval 911 office (computer names and IP Addresses among a few other things). We’re done for the day, we’ll take the working machines over and place them back into service in the naval 911 center tomorrow.

I head home and do schoolwork. While at home I get a message from my squad leader stating that I have to see my NCM on Monday at sometime between 0800 and 1000. My NCM asked me this week when I called and checked in with her if I was planning on coming in and I said no. I guess now I have to come in and physically be there once a week now, even if my NCM is my only appointment. I get mildly upset, but I guess I can’t really complain about the drive because it is only once a week. I was just starting to get a full on beard too…now I’ll have to shave this Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment