Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas Break - (MedBoard: Joint Base Lewis-McChord) Days 199 & 200

For Christmas break we got both Christmas Eve & Christmas off, which is awesome! Unfortunately my wife had to work Christmas Eve, so she left early in the morning while I slept in. When I did get up and eat breakfast, I cleaned up the house a bit and then did schoolwork. I love lazy days every now and then. My wife did get off early and we headed to her parents house for a while. We then went to my brother-in-law’s parents house for a Christmas Eve tradition of dinner and opening presents. I’ve missed out on this being away in the army. It got to the point where Christmas was just another day when I was stationed away from home. I couldn’t get into the Christmas spirit at all, I didn’t care for any of it! I’m just super glad to be back home and back to normal. My sister’s in-laws are awesome people and it’s always fun to eat and hang out there.

On Christmas day we headed to my in-law’s and ate breakfast, then opened presents. Later on in the day we headed out to my aunt and uncle’s house for Christmas with the extended family. It’s always good to see aunts, uncles, and cousins. We had a big turkey dinner and did all the present opening. It sure is a lot of fun watching all the nieces and nephews opening presents! My kids unfortunately spent Christmas with their mom, because I had them for Thanksgiving. So we collected up their presents and took them back with us. We’ll celebrate Christmas with them this Saturday. Even without the kiddos I thoroughly enjoyed Christmas this year. I’m so glad to be back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment