Monday, December 27, 2010

Going Solo - (Korea) Day 27


The stash of goodies my KATUSA roommate gave me 
after he came back from the four day weekend

This morning I woke up at 6:45 to get to work by 8:30. That gave me plenty of time to get ready, make some coffee and video chat with my wife for a bit. Technology can be so cool! We are working half days again this week. The only thing I really did today was actually my normal job…imagine that. I setup the conference room for a meeting and got all the equipment up and running. The only difference is this time I did it all solo. I had to hang out in the control center for the entire meeting switching slides and slideshows when asked. After the meeting I cleaned up and that pretty much wrapped up the entire days work.

I did get a couple of boxes in the mail from my mom and a Christmas card from my in-laws. All Christmas presents which I was happy to get. I had been wondering if they would ever arrive. I had never received mail yet, so I had no idea the time frame it takes for a letter or package to get from the states to Korea. Turns out it takes a little over a week. I receive all my mail in the office, there is no postal box or anything at the barracks.

After work I came back to the barracks to change clothes into work-out clothes. I also grabbed a PB&J sandwich for a quick lunch. I then went and played basketball with my sergeant and after I beat him two games he kept wanting to play until he won one. He gave up after I beat him 5 times in a row.

After working out I was able to video chat with my wife for quite a while. For dinner I had a pizza pocket, but I also tried the Cheetos my roommate brought. They were unlike any Cheetos I've ever had. They were BBQ flavored. I wouldn't say their my favorite, in fact I wouldn't ever purchase them instead of the normal flavor. They were still good enough to finish the bag, don't get me wrong…I just hope the other snacks turn out a little better.

Watched a movie tonight called "Team America World Police". Not normally a movie I would watch, but I've heard so many people talk about it over the years that I had to see what it was all about. It's a puppet movie, but definitely for adults. In fact there is even a sex scene in it…yes the puppets are doing it. It was pretty dumb for the most part. It did make me laugh a few times, but I wouldn't recommend seeing it for anyone. Not one I'll be keeping for the collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment