Thursday, September 23, 2010

WhiteNoise (AIT - Fort Gordon) Day 98


I have figured out a solution to save me from the sleepless nights that I’ve been having. We were issued a winter beanie pt cap back in basic that I pulled out. I wore this to bed with the top of it pulled down over my eyes to block out the light if it happens to get turned on. I also downloaded an app for my iPhone called WhiteNoise. It can play a variety of background noises to help you sleep better it also blocks out any of the noise that our new roommates happen to be making. You can choose a number of noises such as flowing stream water, rain, or my favorite...ocean waves. I turned this on and put in my earphones and finally was able to get to sleep without interruption. Here is a link if you are interested:

White Noise

PT this morning consisted of a run around Barton Field. It consisted of everyone here at RBK. We ran at a good pace and I had a pretty good workout by the end of it. After PT we had to move the smoke pit picnic table out, the smoke pit at RBK has been officially closed. The smokers couldn’t stop leaving their trash in that area and after multiple warnings SGT Kent finally had enough. He said it’s closed indefinitely, so we’ll see how long that is.

There are so many new people at Charlie it’s crazy! I see so many kids I’ve never seen before. It’s like an ocean of white phase IV badges all over the place. It’s made our formations for school huge. 

I don’t feel like I have enough time for this class. We are getting a normal quarter’s worth of a college class jammed into 12 days. I feel like my brain is going to explode with all this information. I’ve gone from wanting to score a 90% or better and getting the certification, to just wanting to pass the class. I feel like I’m swimming up stream. I’m reading the text book every night, taking notes all day long, and taking practice tests as often as possible.

A humorous point in class today...one of the guys in class fell asleep with his mouth open. I got a sour candy out of my bag and put it in his mouth. He didn’t wake up from that, but when it was time for our break he woke up. Everyone was kind of watching him and waiting to see how he was going to react. The look on his face cracked everyone up when the taste hit him and he took the candy out of his mouth. We all had a good laugh at that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment