Monday, September 20, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up (AIT - Fort Gordon) Days 94 & 95


I didn’t go out at all this weekend, I spent a lot of the weekend studying for the upcoming Security+ test. I was able to finish reading all the chapters in the book and also do a number of practice exams. My study time was broken up by watching some movies and TV shows. I can only study for a while before my brain starts to just shut down. So whenever I felt the need I took a break and did something else. I watched a movie suggested by PFC Metal called “Grandma’s Boy”. Turned out to be a pretty funny stoner movie. I was also able to watch the first episode of this season’s “Ultimate Fighter”...looks like it’s going to be a good season. It’s hard to watch an episode of anything faithfully while living in the barracks. The day rooms with the TVs are community rooms, so you are subject to the will of whoever gets there first. I instead try and watch it on my laptop when I have the time. The last movie I watched was “Ninja Assassin”. I grew up watching “ninja” movies, so I had been looking forward to seeing this for a while. I was curious how they were going to make a modern ninja movie. I wasn’t disappointed. The movie was full of a comical amount of blood and gore, but I enjoyed every minute of it. It was a fun film to watch. I wasn’t expecting any academy award movie, just some good old fashioned action with blood and guts and it delivered just that.

During the recall formation the sergeant asked who was phase V or above and still living at Charlie...as people raised their hands he proceeded to copy down their names and tell them that they were moving to RBK tonight. There were a number of people that weren’t too happy. They all know the PT is tougher at RBK and the standards are quite a bit higher, plus what a pain in the butt to have to pack up everything and move at a moments notice.

We ended up getting two new roommates in our room. I’m going to name them PVT LD and PVT StrangeLove. They stayed up for what seemed like an eternity trying to get all their stuff put away. All I could think about was every minute that went by was a minute that I was loosing of sleep. I don’t know either of them well, but I know them from being in Charlie company and they are in our sister class. They both are OK people, just a bit noisy with noisy friends.

Overheard Quote: “Guy number 1: ‘I saw something truly disturbing’ Guy number 2: ‘Did you look at your penis again?’” (This was from two guys in our company at our table while eating dinner before recall formation. I almost spit out my food because I started laughing pretty hard at that one)

No comments:

Post a Comment