Saturday, May 22, 2010

I’m a pretty princess (Basic Training) Day 45


These entries are from the letters that Brandon has mailed to me. His writing at times can be a bit difficult to determine his words... bare with me, I do my best, especially with army terms.
I had staff duty last night with PFC Metal. It was the 2:00-3:00am shift.  We had one phone call that we took a message and then used the walkie-talkie to send it to the DS on duty (DS AHOLE). I had a headache and my knees are a bit sore. I guess I didn’t drink enough water yesterday. We also had to kneel a lot yesterday during every block of instructions. We were only allowed to use one knee at a time (because if we were on both knees that means we’re "sucking dick". We had to repeat this). Even with my knee pads it still was a painful experience. All this lack of and interrupted sleep is starting to catch up with me.  

I asked our assistant PG about our PT scores, why they were never posted. He said the last one wasn’t official PT test and they would not be posted. I don’t care if it’s official or not, I want to see my progress. We were all required to weigh ourselves. I am at 182. Eight pounds lighter then when I started. I feel like I’m eating a ton of food though. I guess I’m burning a lot of calories. 

This morning we had a surprise group ability run. I was still so sore and tired I decided to run in the “C” group. I would have ran in the “D” group if they had one. Hell, I would of went to sick call if I would have known in advance. Running is the last thing I wanted to do. I did it...and made it, but it was tough. 

After breakfast we headed off to yet another range. Ft. Benning has so many ranges it’s mind boggling. Everyday it seems we go to a new range. Anyway – today we got to shoot some big machine guns. The M249 and the M240B. It was pretty cool. About every 5th shot was a tracer round, so we could tell where we were shooting. To be honest, I suck at hitting targets with these big guns. I was able to hit the closet two, but after that I was no good. We are suppose to fire in bursts. They would have us yell “Die Terrorist Die!” and hold the trigger the entire time. It was a fun time. No qualifications, no pressure, just shooting. The guy who shot after me (we did it in pairs so one person could feed the ammo) kept shooting really short bursts. The Cadre said there is no way you can be saying “Die Terrorist Die”. From now on you have to say, “I’m a pretty princess” and do not let go of that trigger until you are finished. Pretty funny…a black dude, firing a big ass machine gun, saying "I’m a pretty princess" over and over again. 

For lunch today we had MREs. We had almost no time to eat them, the DS made us stop halfway though and then we went off to fire again. When we were done we saw we had duty food for lunch. So we ended up having two lunches…odd.

During one of our formations at the range a guy in our platoon gave the PG a little attitude. I’m not even sure what he did, but it pissed off the PG enough to tell the DS. When the DS was addressing it with the guy, he rolled his eyes. (This is something you should never do in front of a DS). This pissed the DS off pretty bad. He did some yelling and promised this guy a negative counseling statement. He also mentioned even more punishment if he didn’t straighten his attitude out. By this time in the game you need to really know when to swallow your pride and just do what you’re told with a smile on your face. 

We did peer evaluation today. We evaluated 5 people (the next five bunks from us) on a form. Rating them in all the army values and answering if we want to go to combat with them and why or why not. We also did a self-evaluation. These will all be tallied and will be used in our white phase counseling tomorrow. At least that is what’s on the calendar; our Senior DS is on vacation right now for a couple of days.

Got mail today! The DSs are a bit inconsistent on when they deliver it, but when they do its a happy day. I got letters from my wife, my sister, and my sister-in-law. Very cool. 

Some new nicknames – Walmart (a guy who used to work at Walmart), Ballsack (the guys last name rhymes with scrotum) 

Overheard quote: “What’s the ?” (PVT Cock was utilizing the wood-line and he looked down and saw a big mosquito on the tip of his little unit sucking his blood.)


mahaffey

Hey DS Ahole aint that bad haha jk and thats funny about Pvt. Cock.

Thursday, May 27, 2010 - 05:12 PM


Pvt. Cock

No comment...

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 - 08:06 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment