Monday, May 24, 2010

A Blue Sunday (Basic Training) Day 47

These entries are from the letters that Brandon has mailed to me. His writing at times can be a bit difficult to determine his words... bare with me, I do my best, especially with army terms.
Today we were able to “sleep in” until 5:45am. I also had no guard duty so the uninterrupted sleep was just awesome. I slept like a rock the entire night.

After breakfast we cleaned up the CTA. PFC Metal and I cleaned up the “day room” (aka the DS lounge). I really had to go pee, so as I was cleaning their bathroom, I let loose and used their urinals. I like living on the edge. LOL.

Went to church again and was a little overwhelmed with emotions as we were singing. I felt the tears roll down my face. Crap! Had to hurry up and wipe them off before shaking everyone’s hand.

Didn’t do much except hang out in the bay until 3:00pm. Our DS came in, brought out 3 machine guns and said clean them, then he left. We have one of the 240s that we’ve been cleaning for 2 days. After we came back from dinner we heard the supply sergeant came in and inspected it. He said it was still dirty.  I don’t  think there is any way we can get these clean enough for his standard. We cleaned the shit out of it. 

We found out that for some reason we only get 5 minutes on the phone today. It was awesome to talk to my wife, but 5 minutes really sucked. The DS on duty for the company doesn’t want to be here and I think he was taking it out on everyone. He’s with another platoon and he’s just a freakin' ass all the time. What a great reward for making it to blue phase! (sarcasm). I’m really pissed right now. This is something everyone looks forward to all week. Grrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment